August 5, 2011

The massacre in Oslo...

Three girls in Barcelona.
Three girls having a good time, enjoying life and having a much needed break from life's trivialities...

"A bomb just went off in Oslo!!!"

Silence and complete shock...

"What did you just say?"

"A bomb went off down town Oslo! 
People have died and the damages are huge!!"

"Wait! There is a shooting now too!!!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???!!!"


***

We have all heard about and read about it.
Seen reports on TV and newspapers.

How can this have happened?
To my beautiful little country...

How can I describe the pain that follows such a tragedy?

A nation in sorrow...


Once I was back in Oslo the first thing I did, when I came home, was to turn on the TV.
I went online to catch up with the rest of this small nations experience while I had been abroad, and therefore unable to be a part of it, the way I wanted to.

I spent the day crying.
Asking the same question as millions of others;
"How could this have happened?!"

I took my camera and started walking...
A pilgrim walk.
A walk of complete silence.
A walk of devastation.
A walk of sorrow and heartache.
A walk of hugs from strangers.
A walk of reflection.
A walk of sympathy.
A walk of pride.

I have always been proud of being Norwegian.
It´s a very good country!

But never have I been as proud to be a part of this humble nation as I am now!

"I refuse to be your enemy!"
"Strongest of all is love!"



Powerful, powerful statements that we have all taken to our hearts.

My deepest condolences go out to the families and friends of the many victims.

I know that your loss can never be replaced and that you will never forget the pain that you have in your heart at this moment.
But I know that with time, you will remember your loved ones with a smile.

You will cherish her laugh, because I can assure you, you will never forget it!
You will remember his beautiful hair!
You will remember her running through the fields at your summerhouse while stepping on the cicadas.
You will remember his kindness and you will remember her warmth.
And you will treasure it in your heart because it is the most valuable thing you will ever own.

Your loved one will never be forgotten!

A world is in mourning with you...

A sea of flowers...
The flowers are everywhere and it is good to see how we can show the one thing that can keep us together:

ONE LOVE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment